BB was established in 1958, one year after Malaysia achieved independence in 1957; making BB one of the oldest secondary boys school in the city of Petaling Jaya, Selangor; Malaysia. In 2008, BB celebrated her 50th anniversary (Golden Jubilee). BB is a mission school under the umbrella of Christian Brethren of Malaysia Property Trust but is administered by the government under the grant-in-aid system. The school was founded by Miss Mary Glasgow, who was the headmistress of Bukit Bintang Girls' School (BBGS); in the time when missionaries were involved in establishing educational institutions in the young country.At its establishment, The Malay Mail, called it the brother school of Bukit Bintang Girls' School. After deliberation with teachers and advisers to name the new school, Glasgow named it Bukit Bintang Boys' Secondary School in connection to the girls' school Glasgow founded. In 1961, BB was moved to its current location in Jalan Utara, Petaling Jaya; and at that time, each form (Form 1 to 5) consisted of only one class. In 1962, the year when the first group of students sat for the Cambridge Examination; the school's opening ceremony took place and Mr. Alastair L. McGregor (now Doctor) was appointed the first headmaster.
The school motto is the Latin phrase: Nisi Dominus Frustra – 'Without God All is Vanity'; and is derived from Psalm 127:1.
The school vision is "To be the best in Petaling Jaya by 2015".
The school mission is:
Bahasa version of School Song
English version of School Song